Christmas is right around the corner and consumers everywhere are checking out their favorite stores for great deals, markdowns, or sales. With all of the hustle and bustle of the season, many people don’t want to deal with the crowds and are turning to shopping online for the myriad of presents they plan on buying for the holiday.
Shopping online is convenient. Through a few clicks of the keyboard you can research a product, read reviews, and compare prices while avoiding long lines and the temptation to purchase many other items along the way. So why doesn’t everyone shop online? The number one concern for consumers is being tagged with big shipping fees to get their Christmas presents on time for the 25th. Say goodbye to your shipping-fee-fears by following these simple tips for free shipping on online purchases this holiday season.
1. When considering making a purchase online, check the website for their shipping deals. Many retailers will waive a shipping charge if your order is over a certain dollar amount. For example www.runninghshoes.com
offers free shipping for any purchase over $50.
2. If that doesn’t work, check if the retailer ships specific items for free. Right now, www.target.com
is offering free shipping on thousands of items if your purchase of those types of items is over $50.
3. Another great place to check out is www.FreeShipping.org
. Here you can search a database of thousands of stores for free shipping codes to use during your online order. Simply type in the retailer your considering shopping through. If they’re listed, you’ll get a rundown of codes to choose from to use during check out.
A second way to search the database is through their categories. From clothing to textbooks to tires, you’re sure to find what you need with a shipping code to make it an even better deal.
4. If you prefer, some retailers offer free shipping to your local store. Order your favorite tool from acehardware.com
and go to the ACE down the block to pick it up. It doesn’t cost the company much (if anything) to send your order with the order your local Ace Hardware put in this week and those savings are passed to you.
5. If you’re not quite ready to shop, let us introduce you to December 17, affectionately known as Free Shipping Day. On this day, over a thousand retailers have signed up to offer free shipping with guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Check out who has signed up at freeshippingday.com
now and scope out your favorites. Then come back on December 17 for the deals.
6. Amazon Prime is a great program to sign up for if you do a lot of shopping online. With a regular Amazon Prime 1 Year Subscription, you can get orders (no minimums required) with free 2-day shipping. A 1-Year Subscription is $79 a year, but Amazon gives new Prime members a free 30-day trial. You can sign up and try it out. If you don’t like it, then cancel before your 30 days are up and you’re free and clear. Try it here!
If you’re a student, you should join Amazon Student! It’s a free service and it comes with a year subscription to Amazon Prime. All you need is your School Name and Major! Try Amazon Student here!
If you’re a mom, or anyone caring for a baby or young child, Amazon Mom is for you! Sign up is free and it also comes with a free 3-month of Amazon Prime service. Check out all the benefits of Amazon Mom here
Whether your shopping for gifts for the holidays or just buying some items you need throughout the rest of the year, always use these great tips to find what you need, free from shipping charges!